- By effectively transforming the park property for the benefit of the community, the people of the community will become stronger, safer and interact with one another. The GND REC will be a regional draw with the many amenities to come.
Direct Use Value
- There are many direct uses for this facility, including team sports, skateboarding leagues, ice skating, various programs and social interaction for people of all ages, special events, picnicking, bench-sitting, enjoying nature, gardening, dog park, soccer, and more.
- The site will promote an increase in physical activity necessary for good health. Having a site where an individual can relax in a pleasant environment and increase social interaction also leads to improved mental well-being.
- Property values traditionally increase the closer they are to a well maintained, functioning recreation area.
- The site that is envisioned will draw people to the community and the region. The proposed skateboarding park alone has drawn excitement from many members of the Duluth community and the region. This is very positive for the efforts to enhance the St. Louis River Corridor.
The GND REC will benefit our community and the region in so many ways, and will only end up making Duluth a stronger, safer place to live. We cannot complete this project without your help! Donate now by clicking here or completing the box below.